Welfare Benefits Advisor
|Hours of work:
||37.5 hours per week
||£22,500 per anum
||23 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
||Various Sites across North Northamptonshire
||Advice Services Pjoject Lead
Purpose of the Job:
Deliver a professional, impartial, pragmatic and outcome focussed advice service to beneficiaries whilst working to Accommodation Concern Quality Standards, Policies and Procedures and Regulatory Requirements.
To provide Welfare Benefits advice and/or casework having regard for relevant legislation, meeting the requirements of the Advice Service Alliance Standard for advice case work relating to Debt, Welfare Benefits, and Housing.
To provide advice/case work on Welfare Benefit issues to ensure income maximisation is achieved for beneficiaries. Signposting to other local specialist agencies for expertise when required.
- To provide a Welfare benefits advice and casework service which conforms to the Advice Quality Standard & FCA.
- Advise, assist and support clients who could benefit from welfare benefit advice in accordance with agreed procedures, policies and good practice.
- Provide support and advice with form completion and/or challenging decisions (mandatory reconsideration).
- Provide representation for clients by preparing and presenting cases at benefit appeal hearings.
- Advise and assist with applications to increase income from other sources, including charitable trusts, local authority discretionary housing payment schemes, and utility companies.
- Agree client needs and identify desired outcomes/actions.
- Conducting initial client interviews within diverse operational sites.
- Provision of advice and case work. offered as part of our CMA Debt Centre, which may include money management, budgeting and debt solutions.
- General level advocacy and negotiation on behalf of client to other agencies/ authorities.
- Telephone advice as appropriate.
- Initial contact/referral with other agencies to help coordinate services.
- To maintain the accurate recording of client contacts and feedback within statistical software packages.
- Writing/setting case outcome inline with S.M.A.R.T Principles.
- Work in accordance with the AQS operating model for casework management.
- Meet management performance targets.
- To support your Line Manager to ensure that the Advice Centre remains compliant and meets all regulatory requirements eg CMA Debt centre & FCA.
- To work and liaise with other Advisors, to share information and to support best practice.
- To refer clients to other colleagues /services to assist in meeting any identified needs and liaise and negotiate with relevant agencies.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the benefit system, case law and the effects of the welfare reform and forthcoming changes.
- Work collaboratively with other colleagues in the team and wider organisation to enhance the services provided.
- Provide cover for the other Advice Team members when required (may include Housing, Debt and/or Welfare Benefits Advice).
- To prepare statistical reports, written reports, case studies and any other feedback relevant to the service.
- To meet defined objectives and targets relating to service delivery and specific project work.
- To undertake a range of consultation and evaluation processes with clients as required.
- To maintain and develop partnerships with a range of key stakeholders.
- To undertake all relevant administrative tasks as necessary.
- To adhere to the charity’s policy and procedures, including safeguarding reporting, interventions and disclosures.
- To attend meetings and training as necessary.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks as requested by your Manager.
Annual objectives will be set for this role which will be used to monitor and evaluate performance within the appraisal system.
This job description may be subject to review in light of the developing organisation and in consultation with the post holder.