Accommodation Concern has a supported housing provision for single homeless people, building life skills, preparing for independent living, increasing confidence through a planned programme of re-settlement. This is self-funded and supported by donations from the public.
All properties have sole use of a bedroom with a lock and shared use of the remaining facilities in the house.
A 3 bed-property consisting of shared kitchen, lounge/diner, bathroom and large garden. Aimed at young people (under 25) requiring intensive support with a first tenancy or who have had a failed first tenancy.
A 3 bed property consisting of shared kitchen/diner and bathroom. Aimed at single people who are not yet ready to make the move back to holding their own independent tenancy but want support to learn to do so.
- All schemes are for single adults who would benefit from a period in supported housing to build the skills necessary to successfully maintain an independent tenancy.
- A preference will be given to applicants who have a local connection to Kettering Borough and a level of housing need. This means that applicants with a local connection to Kettering Borough in Bands A - D will be considered over and above applicants in Bands A - D with no local connection to Kettering.
- No pets are allowed at any of our schemes.
- All our schemes are provided with ‘move on’ in mind so applicants need to have capacity to maintain their own tenancy after the intensive support finishes.
- We anticipate applicants will be with us for a period of between 6 and 12 months.
- All applicants must engage with the support/training element of the scheme.
- Applicants with outstanding housing related debt will be supported to establish and maintain a repayment plan to ensure they are able to ‘move on’. If this is not adhered to the licence will be revoked.
Note that the following applicants will not be considered for an allocation under this Policy:
- Applicants who have unspent convictions relating to crimes against persons or property, or a history of serious anti-social behaviour
- Applicants with a history of arson
- Applicants with a history of substance or alcohol misuse who cannot demonstrate that they are actively engaging with a support agency and/or making progress to resolve their substance misuse.
Contact us for a referral form or to discuss any potential referrals
As of January 2021, we have achieved accreditation with DASH Services. The aim of DASH accreditation is to encourage and promote good property standards and management practices in the private rented sector. Tenants/residents in properties that are accredited by DASH benefit from the reassurance that a DASH accredited landlord will strive to provide a quality service. Click here to find out more.
Accommodation Concern is a registered charity (number 1146257), and a company limited by guarantee (number 07945758)