|Hours of work:
||37.5 hours per week
||£21,000 per anum
||23 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
||Various Sites across North Northamptonshire
|Place of work:
||Advice Services Pjoject Lead
Purpose of the Job:
Deliver a professional, impartial, pragmatic and outcome focussed advice service to beneficiaries whilst working to Accommodation Concern Quality Standards, Policies and Procedures and Regulatory Requirements.
To provide advice/casework on all areas of Housing, Welfare Benefits and Debt, meeting the requirements of the Advice Service Alliance Standard for advice case work.
To provide a professional triage service for all client that approach the charity, identify and signpost to the correct advisor when case work is identified, ensuring all data is entered accurately on the Accommodation Concern Database.
- Be the first point of contact for all beneficiaries contacting the organisation; by phone, email, social media or in person and ensure relevant referrals are made to the relevant advisor.
- Identify beneficiaries needs, desired outcomes/actions, and appropriate prioritisation.
- Provision of independent housing, homelessness, benefit, debt advice (and case work where appropriate).
- General level advocacy and negotiation on behalf of client to other agencies/ authorities.
- Providing telephone advice as required.
- Agree client needs and identify desired outcomes/actions.
- To maintain the accurate recording of client contacts and feedback within statistical software packages.
- Writing/setting case outcome inline with S.M.A.R.T Principles.
- Work in accordance with the AQS operating model for casework management.
- Meet management performance targets.
- To support your Line Manager to ensure that the Advice Centre remains compliant and meets all regulatory requirements eg CMA Debt centre & FCA.
- To work and liaise with other Advisors, to share information and to support best practice.
- To refer clients to other colleagues /services to assist in meeting any identified needs and liaise and negotiate with relevant agencies.
- Maintain a basic knowledge around issues that may be affected by homelessness, debt and welfare benefits.
- Work collaboratively with other colleagues in the team and wider organisation to enhance the services provided.
- Provide cover for the other Advice Team members when required (may include Housing, Debt and/or Welfare Benefits Advice).
- To prepare statistical reports, written reports, case studies and any other feedback relevant to the service.
- To meet defined objectives and targets relating to service delivery and specific project work.
- To undertake a range of consultation and evaluation processes with clients as required.
- To maintain and develop partnerships with a range of key stakeholders.
- To undertake all relevant administrative tasks as necessary.
- To adhere to the charity’s policy and procedures, including safeguarding reporting, interventions and disclosures.
- To attend meetings and training as necessary.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks as requested by your Manager.
Annual objectives will be set for this role which will be used to monitor and evaluate performance within the appraisal system.
This job description may be subject to review in light of the developing organisation and in consultation with the post holder.