Debt & Welfare Benefits Advisor
|Hours of work:
||37.5hrs per week
||Friday 8th October
||3% employer contribution
||23 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
|Place of work:
||Accommodation Concern HQ, Kettering, Northamptonshire
||Advice Team Leader
Purpose of the Job
Deliver a professional, impartial, pragmatic and outcome focussed advice service to beneficiaries whilst working to Accommodation Concern Quality Standards, Policies and Procedures and Regulatory Requirements.
To provide debt advice and/or casework having regard for relevant legislation, meeting the requirements of the Advice Service Alliance Standard for advice case work relating to debt, welfare benefits, and Housing.
To provide advice/case work on welfare benefit issues to ensure income maximisation is achieved for beneficiaries. Signposting to other local specialist agencies for expertise when required.
- To provide a debt advice and casework service which conforms to the Advice Quality Standard.
- Advise clients on sustainable budgeting, income maximisation and money management.
- Advise and assist with applications to increase income from other sources, including charitable trusts, local authority discretionary housing payment schemes, and utility companies.
- Provision of independent housing, homelessness, benefit, debt advice and case work.
- General level advocacy and negotiation on behalf of client to other agencies/ authorities.
- Agree client needs and identify desired outcomes/actions.
- Tribunal representation for welfare cases (Universal credit, PIP etc.).
- Conducting initial client interviews within diverse operational sites.
- Writing/setting case outcome inline with S.M.A.R.T Principles.
- Initial contact/referral with other agencies to help coordinate services.
- Telephone advice as appropriate.
- Work in accordance with the AQS operating model for casework management.
- To maintain the accurate recording of client contacts and feedback within statistical software packages.
- To prepare statistical reports, written reports, case studies and any other feedback relevant to the service.
- To meet defined objectives and targets relating to service delivery and specific project work.
- To undertake a range of consultation and evaluation processes with clients as required.
- To maintain and develop partnerships with a range of key stakeholders.
- To undertake all relevant administrative tasks as necessary.
- To adhere to the charity’s policy and procedure, including safeguarding reporting, interventions and disclosures.
- To attend meetings and training as necessary.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks as requested by the Charity Manager.
Annual objectives will be set for this role which will be used to monitor and evaluate performance within the appraisal system.
This job description may be subject to review in light of the developing organisation and in consultation with the post holder.
To apply please send a current CV with a covering letter stating how you meet the job description and person specification and why you think you would like to be part of our growing team.